Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kicking Great Jaggi Run - Project Research #1 - The Armor

About a week or so ago it was proposed as a joke that we needed to have a low rank Great Jaggi run using only kicks. Well I thought about it for a while and decided that, it's probably possible, and I want to try it out. After looking around and talking on the stream for a while we decided that the best set would be to have a lot of Affinity and of course Adrenaline +2.
I took this to heart of course, and set out to find a set of armor that would be perfect for this. It's going to take a lot of work, but here is what I came up with:

Weapon: Sabertooth (G)
     An obvious choice for this set; the weapon itself doesn't matter, all that matters is that it has 2 slots and 55% affinity already making it the best possible weapon for a kick run.

Helm: Skull Mask
     The Torso Up comes in handy because your chest is going to be a key component to this set and you obviously want to double the stats if you can.

Chest: Alloy Mail+
    2 Slotted Armor with Expert +3? I think so. Slot this with a double slotted Expert +3 and with the Skull Mask you have +9 expert with only a -5 to Potential (Adrenaline).

Arms: Chakra Bracelet
     On the arms I tried to figure out where to go. I was originally going to do Barroth Vambraces+ but when I looked at the stats I found out that it has only +2 Potential and -3 Expert. I thought, "why would I cancel that much Expert out for only 2 Potential." So I decided to just give myself 3 more slots and slot it with 1 Expert +1 Gem.

Waist: Alloy Faulds+
     2 Slots on Alloy+ again. Not much more to say; throw in an Expert +3 Double Slot Gem and you're done.

Legs: Black Leather Pants:
     Here comes the hard part. I have to do Double Jho Rage Match to get these suckers. But when they give me +13 Expert I HAVE to have these.

So in the end you still have a charm slot completely open and 4 slots between the weapon that we didn't put anything in and 2 spots on the Chakra open with the skills of Adrenaline +2 and Critical Eye +2 giving you 75% affinity and a 30% damage boost when health is below 40% which isn't a problem for a low rank Great Jaggi; just have to bring some bombs to hurt myself with. There is no reason that this set wouldn't be able to do at least 2-3 damage per kick. This set is exactly what is needed for the Great Jaggi Kick Run. If you have an ideas for what to do with the 4 slots and the charm though, please let me know.

Tenelen

No comments:

Post a Comment